When you bring your vehicle into Peekskill Auto Repair for a tune-up, our skilled technicians will inspect your engine, analyze vehicle performance, and make adjustments as needed. The engine tune-up checklist will include both preventative and maintenance requirements that will vary from vehicle to vehicle based on age, mileage and unique manufacturer recommendations.
1. Check spark plugs.
2. Check spark plug wires to make sure they are not hard or cracked.
3. Check the fuel filter to make sure it isn’t clogged.
4. Check the engine’s fuel pump.
5. Inspect the engine’s fuel.
6. Check engine timing and idle.
7. Check that the PCV valve isn’t clogged or leaking.
8. Inspect the vehicle’s points and condenser
9. Check oil level
10 Check fluid levels
11 Check tire pressure
12 Check breaks
Please keep in mind that there is not a one-size-fits-all engine tune-up procedure, some vehicles may require additional inspections of engine components than those listed above.